- Dr. Srinivasan is quoted in the article "Device
Lets Monkey's Brain Move Robot Arm" published on Healthday.com,
October 26, 2004.
- "Brain Cells in a Dish Fly Fighter Plane" by Celeste Biever
in NewScientist, October 2004.
- Dr. Srinivasan is interviewed for the TV program "Uncommon
Sense" by Junia Doan, June 2004.
- Germany's GEO magazine featured work and achievments of The
Touch Lab prominently in the article "Das Verlangen nach Beruhrung."
World famous photographer Louis Psyhoyos was comissioned to take pictures
of our experimental set-ups for the article, June 2004.
- "Human-Machine Links could operate Robots" by Charles Choi
in UPI Perspectives, May 2004.
- Dr. Srinivasan is quoted in the article "Lifeblood
for Manufacturing" published in the Boston Business Journal,
April 30, 2004.
- "Technology Foresight: Haptics - Reach out and touch something"
by Robert Mittman in iHealth Beat (this article appeared in several
syndicated media, March 2004.
- Dr. Srinivasan is quoted in the article "Artificial
Limbs Controlled by Mind Power" published in The Guardian,
October 14, 2003.
- The Touch Lab makes front page news in the article "The
Internet's Ghost Touch" published in the Asia Times, Sept.
- Il Touch Lab makes news in Italy in the article "Toccarsi
Online, Che Emozione!" PANORAMA, November 29, 2002.
- Dr. Srinivasan makes front page news in the article "Virtual
Hand Shakes The Weird Wired World" which appeared in The
India Times, November 31, 2002.
- The Touch Lab is featured in the article "Holding
Hands, an Ocean Apart" published in the Boston Globe on
November 5, 2002.
- The Touch Lab is featured in the article "Internet Handshake
Across the Atlantic" published in the Telegraph (UK) Oct.
- Scinetific American publishes the paper "Controlling
Robots with the Mind" by Miguel A.L. Nicolelis and John K.
Chapin, October 2002.
'touch' via Internet" appears on CNN.com, October
- Dr. Srinivasan and The Touch Lab were featured in the news segment"Scientists
'touch' via internet" which aired on CNN October 29, 2002.
- The Touch Lab is featured in the article "MIT
and London Team Report First Transatlantic Touch", published
in MIT News, October 28, 2002.
- Dr. Srinivasan is quoted in the article "Send
In The Roborats" published in TIME MAGAZINE,
Vol. 159 No. 1; p.61, May 13, 2002.
- Dr. Srinivasan discusses haptic communication in the article "Touch
Improves VR Collaboration" published in Technology Research
News, April 5, 2001.
- The Touch Lab gets a mention in the article "Brain
Power" in TIME MAGAZINE,
June 4, Vol.157 No.22, 2001.
- Dr. Srinivasan is quoted in the article "3
New Primate Species Found" in the Science Section of the Washington
Post, November 20, 2000.
- The MIT Touch Lab appears in the article "Seeking
Computers That Can Feel" published in The New York
Times on November 9, 2000.
- The Wall Street Journal leads with the story "Could
the Paralyzed Use Thoughts to Command Robotic Limbs?" reporting
on the collaborative research of The Touch Lab and Miguel Nicoleli's
Lab at Duke University, November 2000.
- The Touch Lab is featured in the article "Charting
the Terrain of Touch" published in the Smithsonian Magazine,
Vol. 31, Iss. 3; p. 38, June 2000.
Spectrum developed an article on surgical simulation in which Touch
Lab research was described.
- “Hands-on Investigator: Exploring the
amazing sense of touch” by Richard Anthony, MIT Spectrum,
- “Bitte mit Gefuhl!” by Bernd Muller, bild
der wissenschaft (a major German science magazine), Feb.
- MIT Touch Lab research featured
in The Lancet (British Medical Journal), 1999.
- “Lab Studies Human, Machine,
and Computer Touch,” by Yvonne Carts-Powell, OE Reports, SPIE,
No. 186, June 1999.
- MIT Touch Lab research was featured in a TV program aired by BBC
in November, 1999.
- “Life in 2020,” Interview in a news segment aired by Channel
4 TV in San Francisco, Nov. 16 – 18, 1999.
- “Hand Research Spans Basic Science,
Virtual Reality,” by Elizabeth Thomson, MIT Tech Talk, March
- “Feeling the Future” by Evelyn Strauss, Scientific American
- “Feeling is Believing,” by Sidney Perkowitz, New Scientist,
pp. 34 – 37, 11 September 1999.
- Touch Lab research featured in Computadores (Portuguese news paper),
- “MIT Touch Lab” profiled in MIT Research Digest as well as
the main MIT web page (http://web.mit.edu/News), April, 1999.
- Article in OT News (for
Occupational Therapists), April, 1999.
- Technology News Program, Danish Public Service Television,
- “Device Brings New Sense of Purpose to Tactile Research” by David
Kohn, CyberTimes (on line version of the New York Times), December
- “The Magic of Touch” by John Yemma,
The Boston Globe Magazine, October 6, 1996.
- Radio interview for the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC),
- “Virtual Knee Model Appears at Universities”, by Robert Kirsch, Orthopedics Today, November,
- “Bionik” (TV Program on the human senses),German Public TV,
- 12.0pt'>“Touching is Believing” by Debra Cash, Technology Review,
- “In Search of Human Touch” by Ivan Amato, Science, Vol. 258,
November, 1992. (The same article also appeared in Technology
Edge, April, 1993