- Tay, B., De, S., and Srinivasan, M. A., (2002), “ In vivo force response
of intra-abdominal soft tissues for the simulation of laparoscopic
procedures”, Medicine Meets Virtual Reality:10, Newport
- De S, Kim J, Manivannan M, Srinivasan MA, Multimodal Simulation of
Laparoscopic Heller Myotomy Using a Meshless Technique, Medicine Meets
Virtual Reality:10, Newport Beach, 2002. .
- Prakash CE, Kim J, Manivannan M, Srinivasan MA, (2002) A New Approach
for the Synthesis of Glistening Effect in Deformable Anatomical Objects
Displayed with Haptic Feedback, Medicine Meets Virtual Reality:10, Newport
- Kim J, De S, and Srinivasan MA (2002), Computationally Efficient
Techniques for Real Time Surgical Simulation with Force Feedback,
IEEE Virtual Reality Conference.
- Basdogan C, Ho C-H, Srinivasan MA, "Virtual environments in medical
training: Graphical and haptic simulation of laparoscopic common bile
duct exploration," submitted to IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics.
- Basdogan, C and Srinivasan M. A. Haptic Rendering in Virtual Environments,
VE Handbook (in press).
- De, S. On the Development of an Efficient Truly Meshless Discretization
Computation Mechanics. Ph.D. diss., Dept. of Mechanical Engineering,
- De, S. and Bathe, K.J., "The method of finite spheres: a summary
of recent developments," First MIT Conference on Computational Fluid
and Solid Mechanics, pp. 1546-1549, Elsevier Science, 2001.
- De, S. Kim, J., and Srinivasan, M.A., "Virtual
surgery simulation using a collocation-based method of finite spheres,"
First MIT Conference on Computational Fluid and Solid Mechanics, pp.
140-141, Elsevier Science, 2001.
- Thao Dang, Thiru Annaswamy, MA Srinivas, (2001) Development and evaluation
of an epidural Injection Simulator with force feedback for medical
trining. Medicine Meets Virtual Reality:10, Newport Beach.
- Basdogan C, Ho C-H, Srinivasan MA, Small SD, Dawson, SL, Force
interactions in laparoscopic simulations: haptic rendering of soft tissues,
Medicine Meets Virtual Reality Conference 6, San Diego, CA., January,
- De S and Srinivasan MA, Rapid rendering of "tool-tissue" interactions
in surgical simulations: thin walled membrane models, Proceedings of
the Third PHANToM User's Group Workshop, October, 1998.
- Basdogan, C., Ho, C., and Srinivasan, M.A. (1997) A Ray-Based Haptic
Technique for Displaying Shape and Texture of 3D Objects in Virtual Environments.
ASME Winter Annual Meeting, Dallas, TX, 61, 77-84.
- Basdogan C, Ho C-H, and Srinivasan M.A., (1997), “A ray-based haptic
rendering technique for displaying shape and texture of 3D objects in
virtual environments”, DSC-Vol. 61, Proceedings of the ASME Dynamic
Systems and Control Division, Ed. G. Rizzoni, pp. 77-84, ASME.